Second Income Campaign
A Guide to making your disclosure
HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) believes that its customers want to pay the right amount of tax, therefore it has a disclosure for anyone making a second income.
This could be for example
- Fees from consultancy or other services such as public speaking or providing training
- Payment for organising parties and events or providing entertainment
- Income from activities such as taxi driving, hairdressing, providing fitness training or landscape gardening
- Profits from spare time activities such as making and selling craft items
- Profits from buying and selling goods, for example regular market stalls, boot sales etc
The Second Income Campaign is an opportunity for you to bring your tax affairs up to date. Individuals with undeclared income can get up to date with their tax affairs in a simple, straightforward way and take advantage of the best possible terms.
For more information you can visit HMRC’s website https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/second-incomes-campaign-your-guide-to-making-a-disclosure/second-incomes-campaign-your-guide-to-making-a-disclosure
or to discuss this further please contact us.